I started this project with my friends when I was still at university. We wanted to disrupt the market for ordering a taxi. Our team had talented developers and a poor understanding of the industry. But this didn't stop us and we began to study business processes.
At the time, such a concept seemed unbelievable. There is no competition - it is impossible to peep how they do it. Therefore, our analysis consisted in studying the principles of taxi operation and a broad analysis of audience preferences.
Customer Development: We called 15 taxi operators and 50 potential customers. It is necessary to determine the preferences of both parties in order for the platform to work correctly. We've found that the speed and ease of use of our apps are critical for customers and taxi operators.
This means that the UI should contain minimum elements, and the ordering process should contain as few steps as possible. I developed prototypes and UI for the site, mobile applications for drivers and customers, as well as a web interface for dispatchers. At that time, early Android smartphones and classic phones with Java applications were popular. Therefore, we were very limited in technical terms.
I created and redesigned the UI many times because I was constantly in touch with customers and drivers. They told us what they liked and didn't like, and I worked with the developers on the feature roadmap and interface redesign. This endless process lasted until the sale of the company in 2012.US Patent US20120084225A1